[Zope] ZEO and Multiple Zope Sites

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Sat, 18 May 2002 09:09:23 +0100

> Possible 3000 users hit Production ZServers

I suspect you mean 'Zope Instance' rather than 'ZServer' ;-)

> 1.  Web site growth will cause Data.fs to become too large

I doubt it ;-) With LFS enabled, I've had a Data.fs up to 14GB...

>  ? Mounting ZODB(s)

That works too, and lets you pack different bits at different rates...

> Bottom line is... How do I prevent a meltdown of these present web sites
> when/if content too much for one ZServer to handle?

- Put a Load Balancer in front (see the zope.org setup)

- Put Squid in front

- Look at splitting sites onto their own instances

cheers,

Chris