[Zope] Re: Virtual hosting How-To

Evan Simpson evan@4-am.com
Sat, 18 May 2002 12:23:21 -0500

Josef Meile wrote:
 > Actually I tried to use the Virtual Host Monster with my test site
 > wich has the latest Zope version, but I couldn't get it work as I
 > wanted: one or more virtual websites distributed through your Zope
 > (not in one folder as many How-Tos do it). I found How-Tos wich talk
 > about using it in conjunction with Apache but I won't install it. Is
 > Apache necessary to get it work?.

No.  The "Mappings" tab of Zope 2.5's VHM allows you to enter a series
of lines like this:

www.my1stsite.com/site1
www.another.org/orgs/another
*.spam.us/way/deep/down/folder

This instructs the VHM to send incoming requests with Host
"www.my1stsite.com" to "/site1/", "www.another.org" to /orgs/another/",
and any Host ending with ".spam.us" to "/way/deep/down/folder/".

Note that if you redirect the Host name that you use to manage your
entire Zope, you'll need to use the raw IP address to access the root
folder.

Cheers,

Evan @ 4-am