[Zope] ZMI Editor Corruption

Dan Shafer pydan@danshafer.com
Sun, 19 May 2002 17:22:30 -0700

I edit my Zope sites primarily on my OS X system, occasionally using Win2k.

Yesterday, I began noticing some unusual crud showing up in the Python
script files I was working with on OS X. The first thing I noted was that
the first few characters of the first line of a script had just
disappeared. I went to a text file copy of the script on my local drive and
copied the missing characters, went back to Zope and pasted them.

Instead of the pasted characters showing up, I'd see several unprintable
characters. You know, little rectangles, symbols, etc.

I must have spent 15 minutes with the stupid thing trying to isolate the
problem. I even re-copied the entire script and pasted it. It never got any
better.

Finally, I deleted the script, created a new object of the same name, and
then pasted in the file on my disk. That appears to have worked.

Is this documented behavior? Is my data.fs file perhaps corrupt? Any insights?