[Zope] Zope 2.5.1 still dumping core on SGI

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Fri, 17 May 2002 08:12:47 +0100

On 16/5/02 8:43 pm, "Malcolm E Davis" <malcolm.davis@bms.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately, the python I have was compiled without the -g flag. So the dbx
> where tells me nothing.  I will build python 2.1.3 myself and try again.
> Perhaps there is some other problem with the SGI python install anyway.
>
> Thanks,
> Malcolm

You're using python < 2.1.3 with 2.5.1 Zope? That might well cause problems.

Since I upgraded our zopes to python 2.1.3/python 2.5.1 on our solaris box
I've had no restarts that I haven't initiated.

It may even have got around the threading issue that solaris is infamous for
(I'm now looking at the new apple xserve boxes as a possible replacement for
our solaris boxes).

cheers
Tone
--
Dr Tony McDonald,  Assistant Director, FMCC, http://www.fmcc.org.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 243 6140