[Zope] always anonymous user despite basic authentication

Jim Penny jpenny@universal-fasteners.com
Mon, 20 May 2002 19:28:30 -0400

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 04:40:00PM -0400, Pierce, Scott wrote:
> (notice I changed the subject line) Well, thanks to all the advice but
> upgrading to 2.5.1 is still showing 'Anonymous User' though I just
> authenticate via the browser interface.
>
> I could change things around and create the dtml stand-alone but I use
> extensive use of traverse_subpath.  In doing this, for some reason, I lose
> this REQUEST variable.

Go to the folder in question.  Uncheck "Acquire permission settings",
and check in the Authenticated column for "View".

That is, you want to make sure that Anonymous cannot get view, even
by acquisition.

Jim Penny