[Zope] Optimisation fun and games

Tue, 21 May 2002 09:51:59 +1000

>>> Chris Withers wrote
> Dunno, I've just never conceptually got on with FastCGI, how ever small the
> CGI stub is, you're still reading a file from disk and executing it for every
> single request...

Huh? What you talking bout, Willis? Apache has fcgi builtin. ZServer has
fcgi built in. So there's nothing to exec. A request comes in, Apache makes
a TCP connection to the ZServer FCGI port (well, to the loadbalancer of the
fcgi ports, in our case), and does the request. Same thing that happens for
proxy pass, only different port and protocol (http instead of fastcgi).

The only difference is that with FCGI, the request _appears_ to be happening
as though it had hit the ZServer directly, rather than via a proxy.

Anthony