[Zope] Using Zope to generate offline content

vsbabu@vsbabu.org vsbabu@vsbabu.org
Wed, 22 May 2002 07:59:07 -0500

Hi,

I had a similar requirement and the options I found were:
1) wget - didn't work for me because it was getting confused by acquisition
2) ZMirror product - this is good, but it choked on simple DTML methods.

So I made a script from FTPMirror.py that essentially get the content over
HTTP from Zope into static files. It has been in production for around 2 years now for sites with more than 10000 files. You can get the script at
http://vsbabu.org/techbits/zope4static.html

I guess this could be easily repackaged into a Python product so that you can start the static content generation right from within Zope.

- vsb