[Zope] MailHost errors

Geir Bækholt Geir Bækholt
Thu, 23 May 2002 10:29:10 +0200

Hello Colin,

CF> Hey, all.

CF> I'm invoking a dtml-method from a script, and the dtml-method has a
CF> dtml-sendmail call within it.

CF> I'm getting a

CF> Error Type: KeyError
CF> Error Value: MailHost

CF> when I try to execute my dtml-method. I have a MailHost object in the
CF> parent directory.

CF> I was assuming that acquisition would allow a subfolder to see the root
CF> folder's MailHost object. Am I wrong?

Your assumption on acquisition is correct. My guess is that you have been
bitten by the same issue that tricked me a couple of times earlier :

Probably , you just don't have the necessary permissions to
use/see/acquire the mailhost. Try giving your dtml-method a proxy role
of manager to check if this is the case , - you can tweak permission
settings more specifically later , after you isolated this to be the
problem..

:-)

--
Geir Bækholt                       web-developer
geirh@funcom.com             funcom oslo | webdev-team