[Zope] [UploadingFiles] Re: ZWiki, file uploads: how ?

Simon Michael simon@joyful.com
Thu, 23 May 2002 08:56:56 -0700

"Marcio Marchini" <mqm@magma.ca> writes:
>> 	It seems to upload the file right into the main Wiki folder, so
>> files with the same name in different pages will override each-other,
>> no ? By looking at http://www.zwiki.org/UploadsModificationDiffs I

Hi Marcio,

you found the upload widget.. this is mentioned briefly on
AdvancedEditOptions; I forget where the early discussion was.  FTP into
your wiki folder may also be an option.

Files are uploaded into the "uploads" subfolder if it exists, otherwise
the main wiki folder. 'Add Documents, Images, and Files' permission is
required on the folder, and also 'Zwiki: Edit pages' or 'Zwiki: Add
comments to pages' on the page since a link is added.

Re-uploading a file of the same name is currently broken (see tracker);
there is also a page describing a patch which effectively gives each page
a separate namespace for files. NB this and the patch you mentioned above
are proposals, they aren't yet part of the zwiki you are using.

> I guess the ZWiki site could have a page explaining this setup in detail.

Yes it should. To start with I've just forwarded this message to kick off
UploadingFiles. If you feel like cleaning it up please go ahead.

Hope this helps,

-Simon