[Zope] Zope and Java

chas panda@skinnyhippo.com
Fri, 24 May 2002 16:37:19

At 10:32 24/05/2002 +0200, Oliver Marx wrote:
>Well, we are choosing framework for our future web-applications.
>So far it has boiled down to:
>
>	- Zope
>	- Zope-like Java framework
>
>We prefer strongly typed languages, so Python would normally not be our
>language of choice. And in our opinion Perl is a write-only language :) So
>it would have been cool if we could have used Java with for our Zope
>objects. Are there any Zope like frameworks for Java?

You're probably best asking that on a Java list.

Btw, the Java framework du jour is now Struts (see jakarta.apache.org) -
It's a framework in the strict sense of the word... don't expect any UI at
all.

Enhydra (which was about as close you got to Zope in Java) is no longer
even being supported by lutris and its days are numbered.

chas