[Zope] DTML or TAL

Charlie Reiman creiman@kefta.com
Fri, 24 May 2002 10:13:33 -0700

I have to agree with Andy here. Not that any of you know who I am...

People should be allowed to make their own decisions based on their needs.
In my case, I have absolutely no need for interoperability with design
program like DreamWeaver. I do need sophisticated data queries. I also need
it done quickly. For me, ZPT was far too odd and incomplete to meet my
needs.

Sure, DTML is weird. So is C, C++, Python (Yes, it is. Don't argue), Perl,
Java, Forth, Lisp, Pascal... It's all a matter of perspective and
experience. All languages have booster and detractors. Most of us are just
trying to get our work done and try to keep the religious arguments at home.

I have no issue with you telling folks you love ZPT and how great they are
or warning them that they might not meet their future needs. I'd love to
have examples of how DTML will not support my future work and how ZPT is
better. But it's a different matter altogether to claim they are on the way
out when they aren't.

Charlie "I'm using DTML and I'm OK." Reiman