[Zope] ParsedXML

Dennis Allison allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU
Sun, 26 May 2002 19:36:23 -0700 (PDT)

I'm using ParsedXML.  When it came time to arrange to edit XML directly I
simply delegated the function to the same mechanism used by the ZMI.
Works just fine.

BUT... when I added the XML editing, some of the traversal mechanisms
which walk the tree suddenly began to fail when I had modified an XML
document.  Now, a ParsedXML document consists of a DOCUMENT node which
references the XML document properly.  The DOCUMENT node contains the
meta-information about the doucment.

Afer editing, the DOCUMENT node has disappeared and only the XML tree
remains.  This is true for both my system and for edits via the ZMI.

Is this a feature or a bug?

I'm using ParsedXML 1.2.1 with Zope 2.50.  A quick check of the bug list
for ParsedXML doesn't mention any problem like this.

-dra