[Zope] ZSQLMethods inside products

Thierry Florac thierry.florac@onf.fr
27 May 2002 17:25:17 +0200

  Hi...

I'm looking for documentations, samples or tutorials about using
temporary SQL objects into Python based products, because I'm new to
Zope and can't get it to work.

I've tried the following code :

  from Products.ZSQLMethods.SQL import SQL
  _v_sql = SQL (id='temp_sql', title='SQL Query',
connection_id=self.connection, arguments='', template='select count(*)
from MYTABLE')
  return str(_v_sql())

but I can't get it to work because of an error message : "The database
connection <connection> cannot be found.", with <connection> being
replaced by the name of an existing database connection present into the
acquisition path of the new instance of my product...

Any help would be really appreciated...

  Thierry

P.S. : please be kind to answer to this mail directly, because I had to
unsubscribe from this mailing list... :-((