[Zope] Storing documents and metadata (associated XML fragment)

Lars von Wedel vonWedel@lfpt.rwth-aachen.de
Tue, 28 May 2002 11:15:50 +0200

--------------2ABAA9F0529B9C2DAC972159

Hello,

I want to store some kind of library of arbitrary files (similar
to the file library example in the distribution). Further, I'd like
to store an associated XML fragment (metadata) with the document. This
XML fragment should be accessible externally, via XML-RPC for example.

What is the best way to store such things in Zope? Would I store
Metadata in separate files along with the original files? Or should
I extend the File with a string member to hold metadata (may be large,
though)?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Lars
--------------2ABAA9F0529B9C2DAC972159

begin:vcard
n:von Wedel;Lars
tel;fax:++49 241 8092326
tel;work:++49 241 8095240
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.lfpt.rwth-aachen.de
org:RWTH Aachen;Lehrstuhl fuer Prozesstechnik
adr:;;Turmstrasse 46;52064 Aachen;;;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:vonWedel@lfpt.rwth-aachen.de
fn:Lars von Wedel
end:vcard