[Zope] weird commit issue

vsbabu@vsbabu.org vsbabu@vsbabu.org
Thu, 30 May 2002 05:37:14 -0500

Hi,

We've a Py script (Win2000, Zope 2.5.0) that:

- loops through a folder looking for certain objects
- these objects are copied to a sub folder using manage_clone
- then that sub folder is exported using another python script

Problem: In the exported file, all copied objects *except* the last one are there. The last one is there in the sub folder. Finally we solved by issuing a commit after all manage_clones and before the export is called.

Question: Should we have to do this? Since the whole script runs as a transaction, shouldn't export be able to see all the cloned objects in the sub folder?

Any tips and suggestions are really appreciated.

-  vsb
http://vsbabu.org/