[Zope] Zpatterns / SmartObjects

fred@ontosys.com fred@ontosys.com
Thu, 30 May 2002 18:29:34 -0500

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 12:39:05PM -0700, ra@burningman.com wrote:
> Steve Spicklemire wrote:
> >
> > Hmm.. well, this is a login manager problem I've not tickled, since I've
> > been using userXXX methods defined in the UserSource rather than
> > SkinScript, thought I've used plenty of SkinScript in ZPatterns/2.5.x
> > and not seen any problems with acquisition/visibility before. I'm
> > guessing you set "member_name" as the "load by accessing" attribute?
> > Hmm.. I just tried something to test this and it seemed to work for me.
> > Are you using TransactionAgents005?
>
> No, I'm using a very old 0.0.1.  Where do I get a more recent version?
> Searches on zope.org and google don't help me.
>
> I'm heartened to hear that you (and others) have this working.  I'll
> start from scratch w/ recent versions and will give it another go.  If
> it all works, I'd love to package the whole kit-n-kaboodle up to help
> keep others from having to go through what I have...

This may be unrelated to the specific problem you're facing, but I
just ported a LoginManager-based application from Zope 2.3.x to Zope
2.5.1 and I have a suggestion:

	Make sure that the authentication functions add the new
	'Authenticated' role to the list of roles for each
	authenticated user.

I spent several hours tracking this one down.  This may be a FAQ, but
I've been only skimming the Zope list over the last year and missed
it.

In my case, the specific fix required a change to the getRoles method
of the authentication ZClass used with LoginManager.  My new code
looks like this:

	result = []
	if self.role_list:
	    for r in self.role_list:
		result.append(r.role_name)
	    result.append('Authenticated')
	return result

I added that penultimate line to get things working again, along with
installing the TransactionAgents stuff.

--
Fred Yankowski      fred@ontosys.com           tel: +1.630.879.1312
OntoSys, Inc	    PGP keyID: 7B449345        fax: +1.630.879.1370