[Zope] Problems with memory leaks

Geir Arne Evjen Geir.Arne.Evjen@thextron.no
14 Nov 2002 15:29:42 +0100

I've been using Zope 2.5 for some months now basically for thermodynamic
calculations, and I have discovered memory leaks. I've installed 10
extensions where 4 of them are accessing C++ code (with no leaks), and
the 6 others are using MySQL to get some data. When I'm using XML-RPC
from the client to access the functions I can see that the memory is
eaten on the server. How it it possible for Zope to leak memory??
When I'm cheking the memory it seems like the memory is constant for
some time, but suddenly jumps up a few kb. Is this normal? Could it be
that the garbage collector is not doing his job?

PS. I'm not using any global variables which I write to.

Greetings from,
Geir Arne Evjen
Norway