[Zope] error-handling product?

Dylan Reinhardt zope@dylanreinhardt.com
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 06:50:09 -0800

Hi all,

So I'm in the habit of configuring standard_error_message to kick out an
e-mail under certain error conditions.

That usually works fine, except now I've got a site that -- for reasons not
worth going in to -- creates hundreds of errors per day because there's one
feature that actually depends on *not finding* an image file.  Suffice it
to say that wasn't my first choice of how to design it.  Be that as it may,
I don't want to suppress reporting of "not found" errors, just those that
follow a particular pattern... and that takes me at least a couple steps
beyond what DTML should be asked to do.

I'm thinking of writing an error-handling product, but since errors are
such a basic fact of life, I'd be surprised if something didn't already
exist.  A Google search on zope, error and product turns up nothing of
interest, of course... the words are used together far too commonly.

Does anyone know if such a thing already exists?  If so, would you be so
kind as to point me to it?

TIA,

Dylan