[Zope] Re: Zope Couldn't install ZCatalog - or OFSP

Josef Meile jmeile@hotmail.com
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 21:23:42 +0100

--- In zope@y..., george donnelly <list@z...> wrote:
 > hi, I'm trying out 2.6.0 (the binary) and running it for the first
time on
 > RH7.2 w/ instance home I get these errors in my supid log file saying
zope
 > couldn't install OFSP or ZCatalog (see below).

I had the same error message, but finally I could solve it or that's why I
think. I will do the final test with my real server this weekend.

According to those two messages:

There is a problem when you have ZClases that are subclasses of
ObjectManager because something changed in the new Zope. I
tried what they said there and convined it with some steps more:

1- Be sure of having a copy of your Zope in another place, just in
case this fails.

2- From the ZClasses that are based on ObjectManager, delete the
suboject references in the "Subobjects Tab" and save changes.

3- Export them.

4- Import them in your new installation and then add the subobject