[Zope] Regarding ZOPE backup procedure

Charlie Reiman creiman@kefta.com
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 13:20:44 -0800

I would suggest you never back up with FTP. FTP generally does not present
enough metadata to even begin to reassemble a site. For instance, folder
properties and SQL method connection data are not in the FTP format. I
imagine you would lose all security information as well. FTP is intended
primarly for editing object bodies.

Otherwise I agrew with Sean. If you are super lazy, you might also want to
consider setting up a zsyncer as a quick & ditry backup solution. ZSyncer
isn't designed for this purpose but it could be used in this way. This would
also let you swap the backup server pretty quickly, though not
automatically.