[Zope] Re: Regarding ZOPE backup procedure

Maik Jablonski maik.jablonski@uni-bielefeld.de
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 23:44:22 +0100

Tino Wildenhain wrote:

> If you store your zope versions with regular backups of Data.fs,
> there is no need to dissemble your object tree in plain files.
> If you need the data, Data.fs is just as good as a file system
> it only needs a different "driver" which is the Zope from the
> time it was stored. Best practice is to store Zope source in a CVS.
> Data.fs may or may not be stored there as well.

hi Tino,

very nice idea to keep the history for the future... Do you have run
this "best practice" on a production system? Do I have to shut down my
Zope, when I do a nightly "commit"? I don't know how CVS handles a
Data.fs which is changed during the commit. I would guess that it should
be no problem.

Your idea could solve a big problem for me... I'm going to give it a
try. thank you,

maik