[Zope] Basic DTML syntax question- variable value test

Kelley, Sean SKelley@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 16:23:09 -0800

I am trying to test the value of a variable and do something if it is true.

When I say:

<dtml-if "AppRecDate == '1900/01/01'">
                             <input type="text" name="AppRecDate" size="12"
value="" tabindex="13">
                        <dtml-else>
                             <input type="text" name="AppRecDate" size="12"
value="<dtml-var AppDelDate>" tabindex="13">
</dtml-if>

I get the false condition.  That is, value="<dtml-var AppDelDate>" is used
in the input statement.

If I output the value of the variable directly, I get that it is equal to
"1900/01/01" with the following code:
<dtml-var AppDelDate>

What am I missing in my use of the syntax?