[Zope] ZEXP woes with INSTANCE_HOME'd sites

GimsMail elabuschagne@gims.com
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 15:47:21 +0200

Hi all,

I have two Zope 2.6 sites (this happens with 2.5 too) both running EXACTLY
the same products and CMF 1.3 the only difference being the one Zope is an
INSTANCE_HOME installation and the other a standard Zope installation (both
in Win2K).  I have tested this with fresh installs too, just to make sure,
so I guess it will be repeatable by anyone else.

When I export a CMF Site from the one and try to import it to the other I
get broken Portal Folder icons and the site does not work (gives a
tuncUnitID attribute error somewhere in the actions box).  This happens
consitently and with Zopes on the same machine and different machines, the
only differentiator being INSTANCE_HOME or non-INSTANCE_HOME.  This happens
both ways (INSTANCE_HOME to normal and other way round).  I am not sure if
this is only a problem with CMF Sites, but have not found this problem with
other products.

Am I doing something wrong, is this a bug and should it be put in some
collector.  Is there a known workaround?

Thanks
Etienne