[Zope] base href

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 20:48:37 +0100

Michael St=F6ckel writes:
 > I noticed that Zope adds a <base href... > tag to my HTML-Head.
 >=20
 > Why and how can i stop it?
Zope sometimes effectively changes the URL. Prominent examples
are:

  *  Your URL looks like ".../A" and "A" has/acquires a non-None
     "index_html".

     In this case, the effective URL becomes ".../A/index_html"

  *  You use the ":method" or ":action" form control suffix

     In this case the ":method/action" effectively adds some components
     to the action URL.

In all these cases, relative URLs may be wrong unless
Zope tells the browser about the new base URL.

Zope does precisely this, by adding the "base" tag.

This is a good thing. Usually, you should not try to remove
it.

Dieter