[Zope] Zope - Active Directory Authentication

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 11:15:15 +0000

Hi Craig,

Craig Stoddart wrote:
> We are trying to authenticate Active Directory users using Zope in a Windows
> 2000 environment. There seems to be conflicting information on the internet as
> to whether this is actually possible or not. Can anyone who has successfully
> done this please advise on the best way to go about doing it?

I've heard of people having success using this:
http://www.zope.org/Members/jens/LDAPUserFolder
...and persuading AD to speak LDAP.

Failing that, you could always use this:
http://www.zope.org/Members/NIP/SimpleUserFolder
...and write the method necessary to get your user details from AD.

I see you're in the UK, if there's anything NIP can help with, please get in
touch off list.

cheers,

Chris

PS: You may wish to loose the excessive header and footer on your emails. Not
only does it make them pretty hard to read, a lot of people on this list also
find them offensive.