[Zope] import error - No module named iclass

Júlio Silva jsilva@ruido-visual.pt
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 18:29:32 +0100

--=======186A512=======

At 07:28 PM, you wrote:

>> > i get the

>> > Yup.  This was discussed about a week ago. Search the mailing
>> > list archives; but as I remember, only the ZClasses descended
>> > from ObjectManager have the problem, and then only if there
>> > is a non-empty list on the SubObjects tab.  To export from
>> > 2.5.x, remove all from that list; then it will import fine
>> > into 2.6.  Then, I presume that you can recreate the list of
>> > allowed subobjects, though I have not tried this.
>>
>>This worked fine.
>>Thanks.
>

>Hi,
>
>I'm having the same problem migrating a zclass from 2.5.1 to 2.6.
>I've tryed the collector fix of ZClasses/ObjectManager.py and the
>subobjects tab thing, but
>that didnt solved my problem.
>
>My zclass has ZFolder as base class instead of ObjectManager:
>
>Base Classes: ZObject, ZFolder, CatalogAwareBase
>
>I'm looking at the ObjectManager.py to see if I can put it to work for my
>zclass, but
>I think in my case that doesnt make sense because my class dont have a
>subobject tab...
>
>I'm looking into the zen of iclass...

I've solved my problem.

The problem was my class has ZFolder as base class and not ObjectManager. Then
I remembered that my zclass had ObjectManager has the base class a long
time ago, but I changed
the base classes with ChangeBaseClass script you can find in
http://www.zope.org/Members/AlexR/ChangingBaseClasses.
So I figure out that the zclass had the meta-types dictionary set but since
no longer has
ObjectManager as base class I didnt have the SubObjects tab. I changed my
class base class
to ObjectManager, submited the subobjects tab with an empty-list, changed
my class base classes
again to Zfolder and exported from 2.5.1 to 2.6.0, no need for the
ZClasses/ObjectManager.py collector fix, and it works.

Best Regards,
Julio Silva

---