[Zope] images

D. Rick Anderson ruger@comnett.net
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 10:46:51 -0800

Sorry if this has been covered somewhere, but I can't find it and I'm stuck.

What I need is an image 'server' of sorts. A single object that will
render the contents of an image that is requested. I tried creating a
document called imageServer.jpg that contained:

<dtml-with images>
<dtml-var "imageName.read()">  #also tried _[imageName].read()
</dtml-with>

I know that I've used that read() before somewhere and I'm thinking it
was with a mime tag or something, but that should give you the gist of
what I'm trying to do. An object, that I can pass an the name of an
image that exists in a folder other than the current one, that will
render the image in a format that the browser will accept.

TIA

Rick