[Zope] StructuredText not doing punctuation properly

Tim Lynch lynch@gould.mannlib.cornell.edu
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 12:31:14 EST

Earlier, Andreas Jung responded:

> --On Mittwoch, 20. November 2002 15:11 +0800 Ramachandran Sreeram
> <gro.mareers@sreeram.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > STX doesn't do punctuation properly.
> >
> > When given text like ...

                            [ much stuff deleted ]

> Sorry, this mail was not very helpful but STXNG is some kind of
> a nightmare. As an alternative you should have a look at the
> integration of reStructuredText into Zope (currently on the
> ajung-restructuredtext-integration-branch in the CVS).
> I think about providing some patches to make reST available
> for Zope 2.6.

Andreas,

I, for one, would find this very useful. reST seems like a definite
improvement.

Haven't looked at what's in the CVS. Is it much work to get reST integrated
into 2.6?  Will reST be the default in 2.7 or 3?

Thanks for considering this effort.

> -aj

>    -    Andreas Jung                     http://www.andreas-jung.com   -
>   -   EMail: andreas at andreas-jung.com                              -
>    -            "Life is too short to (re)write parsers"               -

Tim Lynch
tlynch@nal.usda.gov