[Zope] Zsyncer to Zuploader

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 09:51:42 -0800

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 12:39:44PM +0100, Elena Schulz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> does anybody know what needs to be done to change the Zsyncer-Product so
> that it just serves as an uploader without needing to be installed on the
> client-side (if possible). Or is there an other solution to upload
> Zope-Objects with properties (without zexp-import)

when you say "client", do you mean the source?
For starters, ZSyncer uses a push model, not a pull model.
You push from the source to the destination.
And it uses xml-rpc to call zsyncer methods on the destination.
I don't know diddly about xml-rpc in zope, aside from
what zsyncer does.  You'd have to replace those calls,
if possible, with suitable rpc calls to things
in the zope API, and if that won't do the job, you'll need
to create some methods on the remote server. ZSyncer takes
the latter approach by providing everything you need to
be a source or a destination in one product.

I think what you want is too different from the way zsyncer is
designed, you might do better to start from scratch, maybe
stealing ideas from zsyncer source.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com