[Zope] How to pass parameter to TALES function?

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 10:19:03 -0800

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 09:48:21AM -0600, Skip Montanaro wrote:
(snip)
>     try:
>         d = context.form.validate_all(request)
>     except FormValidationError, errlist:
>         return context.add.add_template(errlist=errlist.errors)

(snip)
> Unfortunately, when we get back to step 4 the new REQUEST object doesn't
> have a client_id field.

So pass it:
    return context.add.add_template(errlist=errlist.errors, client_id=client_id)

... and in your template, be more flexible about where you get client_id.
something like:

    tal:define="client_id python:REQUEST.get('client_id') or options['client_id']"
    tal:content="client_id"

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com