[Zope] automatically add to ZCatalog?

tom smith tom@othermedia.com
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 11:44:09 +0000

--Apple-Mail-10--557692509

I have a blog where a search show the latest BlogItems ordered by date

I've looked everywhere and can't work out how to automatically add a
BlogItemClass instance to my ZCatalog.

Currently I have to go to the catalog and click "Find Objects" which is
a pain

I think I tried to automatically update the whole catalog (3000+ items)
but this was too slow to be reasonable.

Surely there is a way (in python) to add an item to the ZCatalog and
index just it.

cheers

tom
p.s myObj.re_index() doesn't seem to make any difference either

--
tom smith
http://www.othermedia.com/blog/
--Apple-Mail-10--557692509

I have a blog where a search show the latest BlogItems ordered by date

I've looked everywhere and can't work out how to automatically add a
BlogItemClass instance to my ZCatalog.

Currently I have to go to the catalog and click "Find Objects" which
is a pain

I think I tried to automatically update the whole catalog (3000+
items) but this was too slow to be reasonable.

Surely there is a way (in python) to add an item to the ZCatalog and
index just it.

cheers

tom

p.s myObj.re_index() doesn't seem to make any difference either

--

tom smith

http://www.othermedia.com/blog/

0207 089 5959

3rd Floor, The Pavilion, Newham's Row, London SE1 3UZ</fontfamily>
--Apple-Mail-10--557692509--