[Zope] Viewing a Blob using DTML

working4aliving working4aliving@hotmail.com
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 11:13:36 -0500

Hi, I've been working on this for a little, and am stuck... I'm a newbie
with zope.
I have a python script that calls a zsql method (mysql), and DOES display
the image correctly.

(calling the zsql method does not, by the way, it only displays "machine
code" (old joke.hahaha;) , but that's ok, I think)

When I type the url directly into the browser, and insert my id variable for
the record, it'll work from the browser, but I can't get it to work through
dtml.  It will only display the "machine code".

Is there a way to just call the url from dtml while inserting the ID
variable at  the end? I'm pretty stuck on this, and could really use an
expert

Here's the python url that works...

http://localhost:8080/blobTest/selectImage1?id=12686

Is this the easiest way to do it?  I've found some various documentation on
the web, and although helpful, just doesn't get me there....

Thanks in advance.  This group (and the product) are great.

Bob