[Zope] External Editor Glitch with Galeon Only

Casey Duncan casey@zope.com
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 15:51:21 -0500

On Friday 22 November 2002 03:16 pm, Damon Butler wrote:
> So, I'm running FreeBSD 4.7, connecting to the management interface of =
> Zope server through the Galeon 1.2.6, Mozilla 1.1, and Opera 6.1
> browsers. I've installed the External Editor script on my system, and
> have no trouble clicking the External Editor icon next to the file in
> Zope I wish to edit and have it open in gvim.
>=20
> However, *every* time I try this in Galeon, I also get an error dialog
> as the file is opened:
>=20
> "FATAL ERROR: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> '/tmp/<name_of_file>'"

Well, this means that the path to the temp file that Galeon is passing to=
=20
ExternalEditor is bogus.
=20
> This does not affect my ability to edit and save changes to the file,

Yeah, but it means External Editor has bailed, so changes won't get saved=
 to=20
Zope, unless perhaps EE is getting spawned twice or something... Don't kn=
ow=20
how that could happen.

> but it happens Each And Every Time. Very annoying, especially since it
> DOESN'T happen with Mozilla or Opera. (I should also add that until thi=
> week I was using the exact same browsers on Red Hat 8.0, and never got
> this error message with any of them; not even Galeon.)

Yes, others have reported success with Galeon, and I know of no problem=20
specific to it for EE.
=20
> Does anybody know what the heck is happening here? I would like this
> annoyance to go away, as Galeon is my favorite browser by a mile.

What is your helper app command line in Galeon? How is it different from =
the=20
Red Hat box? Is the Galeon version different or anything else of note?

-Casey