[Zope] External Editor Glitch with Galeon Only

Damon Butler damon@hddesign.com
22 Nov 2002 15:13:18 -0600

> > However, *every* time I try this in Galeon, I also get an error
> > dialog as the file is opened:
> >
> > "FATAL ERROR: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> > '/tmp/<name_of_file>'"
>
> Well, this means that the path to the temp file that Galeon is passing to
> ExternalEditor is bogus.

You would think so, but an appropriate temp file is indeed created in
/tmp. This is why the error message is so perplexing.

> > This does not affect my ability to edit and save changes to the
> > file,
>
> Yeah, but it means External Editor has bailed, so changes won't get saved to
> Zope, unless perhaps EE is getting spawned twice or something... Don't know
> how that could happen.

Well, External Editor has NOT bailed. As I noted above, a temp file is
created. AND my edits are indeed saved back into Zope. Everything works
fine, but the error message appears nonetheless.

> What is your helper app command line in Galeon?

I have the application/x-zope-edit MIME type mapped to
/home/damon/bin/python/zopeedit.py. Same as in Mozilla and Opera.

> How is it different from the Red Hat box?

It isn't. In fact, before launching Galeon on FreeBSD, I simply copied
over the ~/.galeon directory from my Red Had drive, whole cloth, to ~ on
my FreeBSD drive. Other than this one single glitch with External Editor
and Zope, everything works on FreeBSD/Galeon as it used to under Red
Hat/Galeon.

> Is the Galeon version different or anything else of note?

Same version exactly. Grrr.

--Damon