[Zope] Win32 ZServerSSL problem

Stuart Nicholson stuart.nicholson@wirelessdatanz.com
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 09:53:46 +1300

I'm running ZServerSSL on an NT 4 box and it appears to be set up fine. I can connect via SSL to my content etc. However after some period of inactivity the 443 port simply
seems to close while the rest of the server continues to run normally (i.e. I can no longer form SSL connections, but normal HTTP continues to work). There are no other unusual
symptoms that I can spot: no task thrashing, no exceptions, nothing 'looks' wrong yet port 443 is closed. This is with Zope 2.4.1 (binary release, python 2.1, win32-x86),
python 2.1.0, win32. Restarting the Zope server brings port 443 back up and it all works again (until the next mysterious port close).

Question: Has anybody encountered a similar problem? Any suggestions for a solution? This is driving me nuts...

Thanks for any help,

Stuart Nicholson
Software Engineer
wirelessdata - making data fly

The information contained in this communication is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorised to receive it.  It may
contain confidential or legally privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is
strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by responding to this email and then delete it from your system.
Wirelessdata Ltd is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt.