[Zope] Protecting Zope solution / application -> deploying solutions to customers

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 06:37:13 +0100

Hi Ausum,

the hardest is to host the site yourself. This way nobody can easy break
in the code - and if something is not working it is only your fault :-)
If there are other people envolved, you might checksum your solutions
and if they claim something is broken, just check the sum again.
If they have made unauthorized changes - blame them for it. This way
software business and not only software busines is made. (Try to change
substantial parts of your car and try to blame the manufacturer for
it if it is broken)

>From the intellectual property point of view I really dont see what might
be such a great solution which is so outstanding unique to be worth the
challenge to "protect" from other eyes. From my expierience the most
protected code is quite sure the ugliest and inefficientest possible.
(May be this is often the real reason for protecting it)

Regards
Tino

--On Sonntag, 24. November 2002 19:52 -0500 Ausum Studio