[Zope] Protecting Zope solution / application -> deploying solutions to customers

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 19:13:24 +0100

Heimo Laukkanen writes:
 > Is there a way to protect your intellectual property, if you deliver
 > Zope solutions to customers who have Zope instance running or you will
 > also deploy Zope there.
 >
 > I'm talking about solutions that cosist mostly of some Python based
 > products
Distribute "*.pyc" (and, maybe, "*.pyo" for the (probably) few
customers that know about the "-O" option).

 > , Python scripts and page templates
You may consider putting them in a ZODB "product" (e.g. ZClass).
A product allows you to control the distribution.
You can specify which components are customizable.
Only those show source code when they are imported.

It is probably not completely safe...

Dieter