[Zope] DCOracle2 broken due to inability to map library

Meilicke, Scott scott.meilicke@intp.com
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:26:17 -0800

I was able to connect to an 8.0.6 db by installing the 8i client on my zope
server, then installing DCOracle2.  I'm running on NT4, zope 2.4.2.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Webmaster [mailto:Webmaster@luton.ac.uk]
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2002 11:20 AM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] DCOracle2 broken due to inability to map library

We are trying to implement DCOracle2 (ZOracleDA seemed to require too
many other products to get it to work) and keeps triping up on the
inability to map library libclntsh.so.8.0

Has anyone had success connecting to an Oracle DB from zope? If so how
did *you* do it, and are there any obvious mistakes we are making.
(apart from the obvious one of trying to connect to an Oracle DB in the
first place). Are there any other product we can use?