[Zope] [LDAP] Does LDAPUserFolder work with Zope 2.6.0?

Colin Sampaleanu colinml1@exis.com
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 18:14:10 -0500

Brad Clements wrote:

>On 25 Nov 2002 at 17:07, Colin Sampaleanu wrote:
>

>>Unfortunately I am not running LDAP on the same machine. I did consider the
>>fact that perhaps this was the same issue, but the machine appears
>>responsive otherwise. What is interesting is that after about 10 minutes it
>>_does_ come back, saying that the user/credentials are not value. So
>>LDAPUserFolder does not necessarilly think it has a problem, it just thinks
>>there is an authenticaiton issue. Of course I would say if it takes 10
>>minutes there is a sever problem somewhere, never mind the fact that the
>>authentication should work..
>>

>Sounds like there is a firewall between the two systems, configured to drop packets
>rather than generate an ICMP port unreachable response.
>
>ipchains in the way?

No, they're on the same subnet, can can see each other fine. And
python-ldap comes back from the query immediately, so there is no real
ldap issue as far as I can tell, it is some sort of problem between
LDAPUserFolder and python-ldap, more likely, or the way the
LDAPUserFolder is doing its lookups...