[Zope] How can be sure to be safe when a new version of a Product is released ?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 22:36:09 +0100

danielle.d-avout writes:
 > I know Plone beta3 is  a beta version...
 > it's only a case example
 >
 > ... as several css in plone_styles went missing, all the customized stuff
 > using them explicitly go wrong
 > [the migration was for me a (relative..) catastrophy, as in the process of
 > learning, I just tackle customizing (not filling my site with contenus) ]
You cannot be sure:

  Any Zope upgrade and any (independent) product upgrade may break
  something in your application.

  Usually, nothing breaks or it takes yours a few hours to
  a few days to fix what has broken.

  But, their is no garantee.

This is not specific to Zope or open source:

  Upgrade your MS Windows OS or Office Suite and, likely,
  some things that happily worked in the earlier release
  stop working...

Dieter