[Zope] Q: Zope page designs?

Ausum Studio ausum_studio@hotmail.com
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 12:45:49 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Scharf" <Michael_Scharf@gmx.de>
To: "zope" <zope@zope.org>

> Are there any cool webdesigns I can use with
> zope?

Zope is an application sever, not a website-in-a-box. Anyhow, web 'themes'
can be used at its Content Management Framework (CMF) -which is a set of
software tools aimed to portal developers-, or you can build your website on
top of  Zope. The CMF does make use of 'skins' (skinsets indeed) to allow
the easy manipulation and switching of a portal's look and feel.

> Is there any place where I can find Zope
> layouts (templates) or do I have to create
> them by hand.

Out of the box, the CMF comes with 3 demo skinsets, interchangeable at the
end user level. To modify any of them is not only the best way to come up
with your own skinset, while learning the guts of the framework itself, but
it's also encouraged if you don't want your site to look like them..

Zope and the CMF is about the creation of complex portal applications and
the satisfaction of your particular functional and aesthetical requirements,
by leveraging your team's creative skills in ways other open source
frameworks couldn't do. If you just want to cut to the chase you can always
use publicly available developed stuff (on top of Zope/CMF) like Plone or
Nuxeo CPS, both of them collaborative portal applications.

Squishdot is a weblog that doesn't use the CMF, but as it's also
customizable, it can be used for many non-weblog web sites.

The links:

The CMF: http://cmf.zope.org
Plone: http://www.plone.org
Nuxeo: http://www.nuxeo.org/