[Zope] Port 8021 Malfunction

Charlie Reiman creiman@kefta.com
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 09:16:42 -0700

"netstat -n -a" will tell you if there is something LISTENING on that port.
Try it before you start zope, the port may already be busy. If not, try it
after and make sure it is listening.

I'm pretty sure Zope makes it abundantly clear on startup if it can or can't
get the ports it wants.

There is also a bug with zope and ftp that you may be running into. If you
run in debug mode, zope prints to the console when it gets an incoming
connection. If stdout is not dumped someplace (a file, tty, or /dev/null),
zope will hang. The work around is to put stdout someplace useful or run in
production mode.

You might also want to try another ftp client.

HTH,

Charlie