[Zope] MySQL Database not working well with Zope

Dennis Allison allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 18:53:20 -0700

> From: Stephen Fung <ricepail@yahoo.com>
>
> I've tried to install ZMySQLDA before, but I've gotten
> stuck every time.  I've installed the newest version
> of Python on my computer, and have tried to follow the
> given directions, but, as I run windowsXP, there isn't
> a whole lot of instructions for windows users.  I
> can't the the ZMySQLDA to work at all, and I get the
> same "No Module Named _myql" error whenever I start
> Zope.  Can somebody please guide me through the
> install process in WindowsXP?

I've not tried an installations on Windows, but I suspect that the
following Linux cautions apply--

First, be sure you have the right version of Python.  With Zope 2.5.1
you need Python 2.1.3.  Later versions won't work.

You need to install two products not one.  I use  MySQL-python-0.9.1
and ZMySQLDA-2.0.8.  One is the python interface to MySQL and the other
is the database adaptor for Zope.

Be sure you install both using the version of Python you are using to
run Zope--otherwise the wrong libraries are updated.