[Zope] Is Anyone Listening?? Port 8021 Isn't!

Wed, 02 Oct 2002 12:30:50 -0700

Since you are using zctl.py, which I haven't used, I'm not sure if I can
comment, though it might be related to the options within it?  This is
likely a problem with a startup script.

Is there a reason why you are tied to this specific old, binary version of
Zope for this particular install?

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: beno [mailto:zope@thewebsons.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 12:25 PM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] Is Anyone Listening?? Port 8021 Isn't!

At 12:16 PM 10/2/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>Beno
>
>Where did you install Zope, ( eg: /usr/local )

/home/http/ZopeInstallation/Zope_software_home/
I also use the following directories on the same level with that directory:
InstanceHome, OtherProducts
and I start Zope from InstanceHome

>and did you install the binary
>distribution or RPM, or compile it from source?

I installed it from binaries.

Sean Upton writes:

 >> What kind of release are you running.
2.4.3
 >> Have you looked at your startup script?
nohup ./zctl.py start
 >> Also, make sure you have the lsof package installed on your RH72 box
 >> (this lists open file descriptors and sockets) and run 'losf | grep TCP'
 >> to see what ports are being used on your box by various applications.
Did this, but couldn't find the ports! I also ran *netstat -n -a* and port
8021 wasn't there.

Thanks :)
beno