[Zope] Getting zctl.py To Start ftpd-- Was: Is Anyone Listening?? Port 8021 Isn't!

David Shaw spam2@theresistance.net
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 09:11:16 -0400

I'm pretty sure the confusion comes from my AdvancedSiteSetup tutorial
here:
http://www.zope.org/Members/dshaw/AdvancedSiteSetup

I usually leave the Zope ftp server off for production systems, because
I never use it, and it could be a possible security hole to leave an
unmonitored service running.  That's why in my sample configuration
zope.conf it is set up like this:

ZOPE_OPTS = '-p - -f -'

That command DISABLES the internal ftp server.

You enable it in zope.conf like this:

ZOPE_OPTS = '-p - -f 8021'

Where 8021is the port you want to use.

Then restart zope: