[Zope] xron post install problem

AM list_subscriber@neurobs.com
Fri, 04 Oct 2002 12:24:50 -0700

did that too...
I still get the sam error. Heck I get that that error even when I try to
 view the help files.
All files in the Xron dir are now owned by user zope and group zope. The
same with the Xron folder.

The error again: (for help file this time)

Error Type: IOError
Error Value: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
'/var/local/zope/leonardo/lib/python/Products/Xron/help/XronDTMLMethod_Add.stx'

Traceback (innermost last):
  File /var/local/zope/leonardo/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 150, in publish_module
  File /var/local/zope/leonardo/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 114, in publish
  File /var/local/zope/leonardo/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 159, in zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: Help)
  File /var/local/zope/leonardo/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 98, in publish
  File /var/local/zope/leonardo/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line 88, in mapply
    (Object: XronDTMLMethod_Add.stx)
  File /var/local/zope/leonardo/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 39, in call_object
    (Object: XronDTMLMethod_Add.stx)
  File /var/local/zope/leonardo/lib/python/HelpSys/HelpTopic.py, line 222, in __call__
    (Object: XronDTMLMethod_Add.stx)
  File /var/local/zope/leonardo/lib/python/HelpSys/HelpTopic.py, line 135, in _check_for_update
    (Object: XronDTMLMethod_Add.stx)
IOError: (see above)

What do I do now??? All the other products that I use have the same access rights and permissions and they all work.
Is this an OS problem as in zope not being able to use cron or somethign like that (I doubt it but right will clutch at any straws available)

AM

Meilicke, Scott wrote:

>I would change it so all of the files are readable by the user that runs
>zope - zope in your case.
>
>Scott

 Aseem Mohanty
 Neurobehavioral Systems Inc, 828 San Pablo Ave, Albany, CA 94706
 (R) 510 7696011 (M) 510 3014871 (O) 510 5279231
 "I saw `cout' being shifted "Hello world" times to the left and
  stopped right there!!"                        -- Steve Gonedes