[Zope] Re: This is how HTML works

Jim Penny jpenny@universal-fasteners.com
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 18:51:17 -0400

On Sat, Oct 05, 2002 at 12:09:37AM +0200, p.t. wrote:
> I have found similar statements a few times around, that is some empty form
> fields are not trasmitted with the client request.
> However, I couldn't manage to find in the W3C HTML specifications where
> exactley this point is exposed: has somebody a precise link?
> Or is a matter of specification implementaion (and then browser dependent)?
> TIA,
>         p.t.

This is old:
but here is one reference
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/HTMLPlus/htmlplus_42.html

"The form contents are expressed as a property list of attribute names
and values. Radio buttons and checkboxes are left out of the list when
unchecked. This ensures that only the selected radio button contributes
a name=value pair. Omitting the VALUE attribute for a checkbox field
causes the field when checked to appear as a name without a value (this
is appropriate for Boolean attributes)."

Jim