[Zope] [announce] First meeting of TriZPUG (NC, USA)

Tom Bryan tbryan@python.net
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 00:35:09 +0500

The Triangle Zope/Python User Group (TriZPUG) will hold its first
meeting this Tuesday, October 8, at 6:15 p.m. near Raleigh/Durham, NC.
We will be starting at VERITAS Software, who has kindly permitted us to
use their meeting room (directions to VERITAS below).  Geoff Davis will
give a talk on Zope and Plone, starting promptly at 6:30.

After the talk, we will all be going out to a local restaurant (still
being selected on the trizpug mailing list).  Everyone should bring a
(no more than) one page description of current and past work related to
Python and/or Zope and any suggestions for topics for future TriZPUG
talks.  We will be handing these around the table so that everyone can
get to know each other's Python/Zope background and interests quickly.

Hope to see you there!

Title: An Introduction to Plone: Web Content Management Made Easy
Plone is an open source toolkit for building web portals using Zope.
Plone provides a fully functional and highly customizable portal out of
the box and gives you built-in security, content storage, search
capabilities, automated content generation, a skinnable user interface,
content management workflow, RSS syndication, user discussions, and
more.  I will give an overview of Plone's capabilities and provide some
pointers on where to learn more.

If you are interested in learning more about Zope, Plone is a great
place to begin.  If you already know Zope, Plone is definitely
something you should know about.

Directions to VERITAS:
======================
VERITAS Software, 2530 Meridian Parkway, in Research Triangle Park. The
Meridian Business Park is off of Highway 55, near its intersection with
Interstate 40.

>From I-40, take exit 278. At the bottom of the exit, turn LEFT onto
Highway 55.

Turn left at the next light onto Meridian Parkway.
Travel approximately one-half mile, to building 2530 on the RIGHT.
Turn RIGHT, and park in the back. VERITAS is on the first floor.

Go to the Blue Ridge Conference Room, located past the elevators

For more about TriZPUG: