[Zope] New to zope

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 07:08:54 -0700

On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 05:15:59PM +1000, Julian Melville wrote:
> As far as I know (and I'm no authority) ZClasses aren't really the way to do
> things any more. Your best bet is probably ZPT's and Python scripts, then
> eventually should you need to, develop Python-based products.

Well, zclasses vs. zpt & python script is comparing apples and oranges...
like saying "don't use a car, use some wheels and engines." ;-)

As for zclasses being "not the way",  there's some disagreement about
this. I don't use 'em myself (lately I've been building on
EasyProduct when I want to a new class quickly);
others have reported problems transitioning a zclass between zope
versions; but Dieter Maurer, who knows as much of zope as anybody,
says he's been doing it for years without problems.

--PW

Paul Winkler
"Welcome to Muppet Labs, where the future is made - today!"