[Zope] VirtualHostMonster

Dag Nygren dag@newtech.fi
Tue, 08 Oct 2002 21:51:08 +0300

> On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 05:50:25PM +0300, Dag Nygren wrote:
> > BTW. Is there any good documentation on VHM ?
> > It took me a long time to figure out that VirtualHostBase is a literal and
> > shouldn't be replaced with anything as I tried to do.
> > Have still not figured out what VirtualHostRoot does ;-(
> I've found the following page the most useful in this respect:
>
> http://www.zope.org/Members/regebro/Zope_and_Apache

Thanks, I needed that !

> > Scenario:
> > - Apache as frontend with ProxyPass rules
> > - ZServer should serve a certain address, say http://www.xx.com/zopeit
> >   from a certain sub"floder" in the Zope hierarchy.

> Hope this helps,

Thanks for the long and thorough explanation. It seems to work now
after I "resorted" to rewrite rules. For some reason I tried to avoid those
and get by with only ProxyPass rules, but it seems like that is not possible.

Anyway, your advice was very much appreciated.

BRGDS

Dag Nygren